The desire to live and endure is something that human beings have had for many years. Therefore, as science advances, ways to protect ourselves against the damage of aging advance. Micro needling is one of the most current anti-aging techniques, which has become popular thanks to the results obtained. Know everything you need to know about it!
What is or what does micro needling mean and what is it for?
Micro needling is a procedure used to counteract the effects of aging. An instrument is used that contains multiple tiny needles, which penetrate the skin and deliver nutrients and substances to the deepest layers.
Contrary to treatments such as deep facial peeling, or laser treatments. Micro needling does not mistreat or damage the healthy layers of the skin. Since it is only a minimal or mechanical damage that gives many more advantages than disadvantages.
Therefore, in exchange for a little skin damage. Micro needling provides many other advantages that can be seen as:
- Combat premature aging of facial skin.
- Eliminate or diminish burns and acne.
- Reduces the appearance of stretch marks.
- Increases and favors the absorption of hyaluronic acid, as well as vitamins C and retinol.
- Currently, it is used to improve vitiligo and melasma.
You may wonder, what is the micro needling procedure like? Well, the truth is a procedure that is simpler than it sounds. And it offers an excellent opportunity to relax.
- It begins with a complete and deep cleansing of the face.
- Subsequently, the skin is prepared by applying different vitamins and hyaluronic acid. And he gives himself a massage.
- Then the next step will be to prepare the needles to begin micro needling. In this step, the small titanium needles are sterilized and small perforations are made in the first layer of the skin.
- The first sensations that appear are soft, but then they increase in intensity.
- At the end of this step, the skin is massaged to relax. And finally, an ice mask is placed to reduce inflammation and soothe the skin. Once another aloe vera mask is applied, the treatment is complete.
Benefits of micro needling and disadvantages or side effects
This is a treatment that is highly effective in improving the texture of the skin, and in reducing the symptoms of aging. However, its benefits go far beyond that. Among which we can find:
- Renew all lost antioxidants from the skin.
- Promotes the production of collagen. So it reduces wrinkles.
- Regenerates fibroblasts in the skin, providing much more firmness.
- Reduces damage from the sun.
- Reactivates the properties of the dermis.
- It reduces pores and closes them. Significantly improving the texture of the skin.
- Promotes circulation. This benefit is twofold, since when applying the different moisturizers, the favorable effects will be twofold.
On the other hand, the benefits of micro needling do not stop at only delaying aging. But it is also effective for acne, skin blemishes and scars.
The micro needling derma pen, as long as it is under the supervision of a doctor. It will be the best option to combat many skin conditions. It has been proven that its benefits are multiple, and regulates all the values of the face.
Before and after micro needling treatment
The before and after micro needling can be seen immediately. Of course, the skin will remain sensitive for several hours after the treatment. So it will be crucial that they follow all the instructions given by the doctor for correct care to the letter.
The results can be seen from the first time, however, for the patient to notice truly striking changes, approximately 5 to 6 sessions will be needed.
Each one with an approximate duration of 30 minutes. Added to this, the healing and healing time of the skin must be taken into account. So each derma pen micro needling session will be done between every 15 or 30 days depending on the condition of the skin.