Are you starting to get gray in your hair? We invite you to find a much healthier solution for your hair. There is no better option than using henna hair dye, it will give you incredible color, read on to know all its benefits.
How to use henna dye for gray hair, step by step
Using henna dye for graying hair is pretty straightforward, and there are only a couple of things to consider. The main thing is that this is not the same as chemical dyes, because instead of damaging, it will nourish your hair. Making this difference clear, take the following into account:
- If you have used chemical dyes recently, you should wait at least a month and a half before applying the henna. This is to avoid adverse reactions from henna in combination with the chemicals in another dye.
- Do a little test, dye a single strand of hair to make sure you get the color you want.
Henna dye preparation:
- First of all you should make sure that henna is 100% natural, since they tend to offer chemical imitations.
- Use a quarter of the henna sachet for gray hair if you have short hair. For long hair, use more than half, and if it is abundant, use 75% of the envelope or its entirety.
- In a container, mix the product with hot water until obtaining a thick and homogeneous texture.
- Prepare your hair in sections and as with any conventional dye, wear gloves.
- How to apply henna dye? Select each section of hair and apply it mainly to the roots. After this, apply it to the ends and carry out the same process with all the hair.
- Cover hair with plastic wrap and a towel to keep it warm.
- Leave on for 2 to 6 hours, depending on the intensity of color you want.
- After this rinse the hair with plenty of warm water, wash it with shampoo, if it is henna much better.
What are the colors that give the henna dye?
We will not be able to obtain all the colors we want with this natural dye because it does not use any chemicals. But what shades are achieved with henna? Being a natural pigment, we can achieve various shades if we apply other natural pigments. You can even make your own freckles.
Among these pigments we can highlight the combination with indigo, amla and cassia to pigment the hair of different colors. You can search for the ingredients separately and make combinations to obtain the following colors:
- Red: You will only need pure henna, since this is the shade that is obtained.
- Reddish brown: Use two parts of henna and one part of indigo.
- Medium Brown: Equal parts henna and indigo.
- Dark brown: One part henna and two indigo.
- Black: One part henna and three indigo.
- Reddish burgundy: Three parts henna and one part amla.
- Blond: One part henna and two parts cassia.
These colors will also be achieved under the influence of our natural hair color, increasing or decreasing the intensity. If you do not want to search for the materials, you can buy brands of dye with henna such as Naturtint, EOS by Wella, and other natural dyes.
What are the benefits of using henna dye on hair? Do you have contradictions?
If we want to use henna to hide gray hair we must know a couple of things, the first thing is that it does not cover them completely. It is well known that gray hair is difficult to cover, but henna gives it a nuance with very beautiful natural reflections. This also brings multiple benefits for the hair such as:
- Does not bleach hair.
- It gives a more natural color, instead of that doll hair that we have after using chemical dyes.
- Provides color and strength to hair.
- The dye gradually disappears after 3 months, this shows a very natural and beautiful shade.
- It can be used frequently and without problems.
Are there any contraindications when using henna for hair? Basically none, it is 100% natural and benefits the hair. Although it dries the hair a bit; this can be counteracted by mixing the dye with almond oil in your preparation.