10 Best Conditioners for Curly Hair and Frizzy Hair
Curly hair could become challenging to handle during periods, making it even more frustrating when there is no conditioner available to combat the tangles and frizziness. Luckily, these days, there are plenty of options available to help with this issue—we’ve put together a list of some of the best conditioners for curly hair and frizzy hair that we’ve been able to find on the market. And even though, with more and more options available, what would you choose? Here is another of our walkthroughs to help you get through it all!
1) Aussie Moist
The secret to soft, manageable, frizz-free curls? Aussie Moist. Hundreds of women told Glamour magazine when asked about their favorite conditioner for curly hair. The top-selling Aussie product contains wheat protein to moisturize, Australian macadamia oil to smooth your strands, plus aloe vera and nettle extract to lock in shine without weighing hair down. This is my go-to, says one reviewer.
It gives my hair a much healthier appearance. It also receives high marks from experts such as celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel: Aussie has a wide range of thick, curly hair products. He recommends using it once a week with another brand on alternate days. In addition to being inexpensive—most bottles cost less than $10—the formula is free of parabens and sulfates (ingredients some people avoid because they can be harsh). And unlike many drugstore brands, it comes in an 8-ounce bottle—enough to last you through several washes.
- Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep Treatment Masque, 18.1 fl oz, is one of Aussie’s most popular products among customers.
- It’s an excellent conditioner for daily use to help protect against heat damage to curly hair.
- It has a very light scent that doesn’t interfere with other hair products or perfume; it also adds shine to dry or curly hair.
- Customers who have tried it are extremely pleased with how soft their hair feels after using it regularly.
- Many people recommend buying 2 or 3 at a time because it works so well that you won’t want to run out!
- The cost is less than $10 in most stores, making it extremely affordable.
2) Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks
One of my go-to affordable conditioners is Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks. These provide a lot of slip without weighing hair down or making it look oily. They also have many different types to choose from depending on your hair type, budget, etc., so you’re bound to find one that works well with your curl pattern.
I recommend them if you have naturally curly hair that tends to be frizzy! See more about what I love about these products in my post 7 Luscious CVS Shampoo & Conditioner Options for Dry Hair. (That post also shows you what happens when you use each product on unwashed hair—something I highly recommend doing before purchasing any shampoo or conditioner.)
- It’s perfect for all hair types, especially dry or damaged hair.
- It helps promote a healthy shine while keeping your hair hydrated, smooth, and frizz-free.
- This conditioner gives you the volume you have always wanted in your hair without damaging it.
- Even if you don’t use shampoo with this product, your hair will still look great after use.
- The product also comes with a pump dispenser to make it easy to use in the shower when lathering up.
- If you are searching for one of those cheap but reliable conditioners, then Alberto VO5 Moisture Milks is worth a try!
3) VO5 Herbal Escapes
The best conditioner for curly hair. This is a great affordable, natural product that leaves your curls soft and manageable without weighing them down or leaving a greasy residue. The mango fragrance smells tropical and will make you feel like you’re lounging on an island beach, even if you’re stuck in your cubicle at work.
This can be used with all hair types, but it’s especially effective on African American hair. Another bonus: It costs less than $2 per bottle, making it one of the more budget-friendly products on our list of top conditioners.
- This is ideal if you have curly or frizzy hair that needs moisturizing while not being weighed down.
- The shampoo is made with herbs like chamomile, lavender, rosemary, and sage to help soften your curls and keep them from getting too wild.
- Thanks to its anti-breakage properties, it also protects your hair from heat styling tools.
- The shampoo lathers well but doesn’t leave a residue behind, so your curls will look their best after washing it out; if you don’t have time to wait for a full wash-and-go style, then VO5 Herbal Escapes will leave a healthy shine in its place.
4) Silk Elements Therappe
Want to keep your curly hair healthy, smooth, and tangle-free? Silk Elements Therappe contains silk protein to moisturize curls. It’s a safe choice if you have sensitive skin. It’s color-safe, making it a good bet if you dye your hair. Plus, it doesn’t contain parabens or sulfates. If you want bouncy curls without weighing them down, pick up Silk Elements Therappe today! The price is right, too.
- Silk Elements Therappe has been specially designed to be lightweight so that when you apply it to your hair, you won’t feel like you have a thick layer of product on your head.
- It will coat each strand with moisture, giving it a strong barrier from frizz caused by weather changes or over-styling.
- Silk Elements Therappe also contains antioxidants and amino acids, which give hair a glossy shine that isn’t greasy-looking.
- And it can protect your curls from damage caused by heat styling tools.
- If you want to keep your curls healthy without weighing them down, then check out Silk Elements Therappe.
5) CHI Silk Infusion
This product has a creamy, foamy consistency and a delightful fragrance. It is made of some of nature’s best ingredients: silk protein, soy, panthenol, glycerin, wheat amino acids, and coconut oil. Those all combine to help your hair retain moisture which keeps it looking shiny and healthy. You will love how easy it is to use, too—all you have to do is apply it after shampooing and conditioning your hair with a CHI Silk Infusion conditioner.
Make sure you don’t wash your hair every day or too frequently, as that could cause your hair to lose its natural oils prematurely, leading to frizziness. Add CHI Silk Infusion into your regular regime if you want smoothness without frizz!
- This CHI conditioner is great for frizz-prone hair.
- It nourishes your hair with silk protein, antioxidants, hydrolyzed milk proteins, and horsetail extract.
- Combined with CHI’s Quadramine ComplexTM, these ingredients help smooth down any flyaways, leaving your curls silky soft.
- After using it, a simple rinse with water will remove any residue left on your hair.
- And unlike many conditioners that feel greasy or heavy on your locks, it leaves you with a lightweight feel even after styling it up.
6) CHI Iron Guard
Add some shine and smoothness to your curls with CHI Iron Guard. It’s a rich conditioner that helps treat dry hair, increasing shine without weighing down curls. It works especially well on longer, thicker curls.
This best-selling product is an Amazon favorite with an average 4.5 out of 5-star rating from over 300 reviews! A low-cost structure also makes it a great conditioner for curly and frizzy hair on a budget. Just be sure to use an effective deep conditioning mask after using Iron Guard so you can truly reap all of its benefits!
- CHI Iron Guard, a conditioner by CHI, is designed to help tame unruly hair.
- It can be used on colored or chemically-treated hair without making them dull or flat.
- The conditioner will not weigh down your hair, so you can use it regularly without worrying about your curls being weighed down.
- The mild formula is safe enough for daily use, but it still has effective ingredients to protect your hair from damage.
- When you have curly hair that is far more frizzy and dry, try the CHI Iron Guard conditioner to help keep it under control.
7) Schwarzkopf Bonacure Organics Satin Oil Care
This high-quality conditioner is one of our favorites. It contains no silicones or other harmful ingredients, so you can feel good about using it on your hair. The formula works well to tame flyaways, soften your hair, and enhance its natural shine. You’ll find that it smooths frizzies.
And unlike some conditioners, it leaves no build-up in your hair after rinsing it out. This product also makes a great leave-in conditioner—use only a little bit before styling with heat to seal in moisture. All in all, we like this product a lot!
- It has a light consistency, and it penetrates your hair quickly.
- This product will keep your hair smooth, shiny, healthy-looking, manageable frizz-free.
- It’s great if you have colored or chemically treated hair because it can restore shine without weighing your hair down.
- You’ll notice that you don’t need to use as much of it with each application, so one bottle will last longer than you think!
- I don’t like that they only make bottles of 12.8 oz, but other than that, I haven’t found anything bad about these products yet!
- If you want less frizz in your life, get some for yourself today!
8) Nexxus Emergencee Shampoo + Conditioner (Set of 2)
If you want to repair your hair, help it hold curls, and get rid of frizz, Nexxus Emergencee Shampoo + Conditioner (Set of 2) is a great start. With aloe vera extract and quinoa protein in each bottle, your hair will be left softer, bouncier, and with less breakage.
The shampoo also has a UV filter to protect your color from fading over time. Many users have seen their hair stay almost frizz-free after using these products just once or twice.
- Nexxus Emergencee Shampoo + Conditioner is a set of two molecules related to each other.
- This is known as a pair. It contains shampoo along with conditioner.
- The shampoo offers intense hydration, which keeps hair nourished all day long.
- Also, its frizz-free formula gives a natural shine to your locks. It prevents them from damage caused by chemicals or weather changes.
- To get relief from dandruff, you can use it with their brand’s conditioner, which smooths hair cuticles and provides healthy-looking strands.
- Nexxus Emergencee Shampoo + Conditioner (Set of 2) comes in standard bottle packaging with a flip-top cap that opens easily while you need it.
9) Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum Weightless Smoothing Cream, 5.1 Ounce
Garnier Fructis is one of my favorite hair care lines because it smells great, keeps your hair healthy, and, most importantly, doesn’t weigh your hair down. So if you have curly or frizzy hair that is heavy when you wake up in the morning (sometimes I wake up with a puffy, bouffant-style head), go with Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum Weightless Smoothing Cream.
It leaves your hair soft without making it look greasy. The best part is that some product is left behind even after you dry your hair to give your locks more shine than before.
- No oily feel, non-greasy, locks out humidity; Vitamin C: Promotes healthy hair growth; Nourishes with a blend of natural extracts & silk proteins that help restore suppleness to hair; Lightweight formula with Serine: Helps lock in moisture & seal split ends.
- Great styling aid that enhances shine & combats dryness; Suitable for all hair types: Exceptional conditioner enriched with vitamins & soy proteins to smoothen dryness while sealing split ends away.
- Proven results, 100% shiny free hair* in just three washes*; Anti-Frizz Sealant w/ Soy Protein Blend is an anti-frizz conditioner that promotes silky, smooth, hydrated, and shiny tresses, which help increase manageability with flexible movement.
10) Not Your Mother’s® SuedeTM Smooth Anti-Frizz Cream Serum
Not Your Mother’s® SuedeTM Smooth Anti-Frizz Cream Serum gives you smooth, frizz-free results from cuticle to tip. Rich in glycerin, shea butter, and silk protein, it nourishes your hair without weighing it down. Plus, it doesn’t leave behind any grease or residue. Instead, your hair is left soft, shiny, and manageable—great news if you have frizzy or curly hair. The lightweight cream works on all hair types; try it after washing your locks with Not Your Mother’s® Cleansing ShampooTM to see a difference.
- Vitamin C works to smooth your hair with strong antioxidant properties while reducing drying time.
- It protects from heat damage by locking in moisture and keeping frizz away.
- Use it on wet or dry hair before styling. Vibrant color options mean you can find a hue that matches your personality perfectly!
- This product is formulated Without – Parabens- Sulfates- Phthalates. This product is cruelty-free — our formulas contain no animal-derived ingredients or byproducts & they are never tested on animals.
From my research, I have discovered that it’s best to use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Nourishing conditioner. It doesn’t contain harmful ingredients or bad chemicals that can cause hair damage. This also leaves your hair feeling silky smooth with no frizz.
After washing your hair with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition, you will notice how thicker it feels; it’s more elastic. The first three ingredients are water, SD Alcohol 40B, Panthenol, Vitamin B5, and Parfum (Fragrance). There are five other ingredients in my selected product, but they don’t harm your hair, so they didn’t make my list of things to look out for when purchasing a good conditioner.