Can I put ash blonde over bleached hair? Will light ash blonde cover yellow hair
Applying ash blonde to bleached hair requires a lot of thought and some targeted decisions. But that doesn’t mean it won’t happen. It’s a completely wrong statement. Of course, you can also apply an ash blonde color to your bleached hair. If you want perfect results, you not only need to choose the right toner for your ash blonde, but you also need to follow the proper application steps.
This article will guide you through everything you need to know about applying ash blonde to bleached hair. This article will provide a complete guide to go blonde over bleached hair.
What is Ash Blonde Hair?
There are so many color trends to keep up with these days. It can be difficult to recall what each one looks like. Ash Light Hair Dye offers a lighter shade of grey for a cool shade of ashen. At first glance, it looks like platinum blonde hair, but it often retains dark roots to add volume and naturalness. You can also customize it to use it as a solid color or take it to the next level by adding highlights.
Will light ash blonde cover yellow hair?
You may do that. However, you need to ensure that you have bleached quite well and got rid of as much surplus yellow as possible. The flawless bleached hair is minimal yellow, and it is level 10. And suppose you apply ash blonde color on top of that. In that case, you should get outstanding results.
Is Ash Blonde the Right Hair Color for you?
It may not be best to take the plunge and become an Ash Blonde. If the skin tone is warm, a different shade of blonde may be more suitable. Look at yourself in the mirror. Gold or honey blondes may be a better choice if you see warm tones (gold and yellow). People with cool skin look best with ash blonde hair, regardless of how light or dark the skin color is. Keep in mind that there are always exceptions to these types of rules. If you have a warm skin tone and are selling ash blondes, feel free to give it a try. You may be pleasantly surprised at the result.
Things you need to consider before opting for ash-blonde
- Before approaching Ash Blonde Toner, ensure your hair is bleached to the correct level.
- You should bleach your hair below level 8 for best results in most cases. Level 8 is a light blonde and seems very yellowish after bleaching the hair.
- Some ash-blonde toners require the hair to be lightened to level 9 before use. Therefore, it is important to read the instructions with your particular toner to avoid unexpected results.
- If your hair isn’t bright enough for ash blonde, it doesn’t look ash blonde after toning.
- You may need to bleach your hair again to get it to the right level.
- Before bleaching your hair, check the texture of your hair and feel it with your finger tips. You can bleach the next round if you don’t feel any damage.
- If you feel very dry and damaged, it is best to choose a different shade of blonde (probably dark blonde or medium ash blonde) that does not require ultra-thin hair.
Steps to get sassy ash blonde hair
Ash-blonde is an incredibly popular hair color that goes well with fair skin tones. You can always go to the salon for an ash blonde colour, but you can do it at home. If your hair is not yet light blonde, you should bleach it first. Using peroxide with bright ash blonde hair color will quickly give you ash blonde hair.
1. Mix 1 part level 10 peroxide and 1 part light ash hair
Similar to how you mix peroxide and bleach, you need to mix 1 part 10 step peroxide and 1 part ash blonde of your choice in a bowl. Whisk or spoon to mix until there are no lumps.
2. Divide the hair into four parts
Divide your hair in the middle from your forehead to the nape of your neck, then crosswise from your ears to your ears. Secure the three sections using clamps and start with the remaining sections. After the first section is over, move on to the next section.
3. Apply the mixture over a 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) area, starting at the ends
Using the applicator brush, first apply the color to the ends of the hair. Always paint the roots last. When you’re done, put your hair in a plastic shower cap.
4. Read the paint box to determine the waiting time
For the most accurate information, read the dye packaging to determine how long the dye stays on your hair before rinsing. It should be clearly stated in the instructions.
5. Rinse the color and dry your hair completely
After waiting for the appropriate amount of time indicated on the hair dye package, remove the cap and rinse your hair with cold or lukewarm water. Wash your hair to remove excess dye, then dry your hair thoroughly.
Toning of Hair
The next step is to do the toning of your hair. It follows the below-mentioned steps.
1. Mix 1 purple hair dye and two conditioners
Buy a semi-permanent purple hair dye, put it in a bowl, and mix it with your regular conditioner. Using one magenta dye and two conditioners, you get a pastel magenta color when everything is mixed.
2. Apply a mixture of hair dye and conditioner to your hair
Using the applicator brush, apply the tinted conditioner one layer at a time, just like a normal color. After covering your entire head, wear a shower cap to hold your head in place.
3. Wait 30 minutes before rinsing your hair
Leave the conditioner and hair dye on your hair for 30 minutes or until your grey hair feels better. Finally, rinse your hair once and rinse thoroughly with conditioner. Dry your hair and enjoy the new ash blonde color.
4. If desired, prep your hair with toner or purple shampoo
Mixing purple hair dye and conditioner isn’t the only way to tone up your hair. You can use ammonia toner mixed with level 20 developer. Alternatively, you can use a purple shampoo that is milder than a toner.
What is the best ash blonde hair dye?
Hair color products are not equal in quality. Some people don’t have the same stamina as others. Others find it difficult to apply at home. The danger with blondes is that they can also turn orange!
So once your hair is the right base color, this is the best ash blonde box color to get a gorgeous ash blonde tint!